Wellness Care in Jonesboro
One of the best ways to make sure your pet stays as healthy as possible throughout their whole lives is by enrolling in a wellness care plan that starts at a young age and continues into their senior years. A wellness plan is a comprehensive and holistic approach to a pet’s health that addresses factors such as:
- Core and non-core vaccination schedules
- Nutritional guidance
- Exercise and lifestyle habits
- Other medical conditions
A major benefit of enrolling your pet in a wellness plan has to do with preventative care. Preventative care is an effective approach to protecting your pet against germs and other disease causing agents by strengthening their immune systems ahead of time. This is primarily done through core vaccines. For a dog, their core vaccines will include rabies, canine parvovirus, distemper, and canine hepatitis. For cats, their core vaccines include feline distemper, feline calicivirus, herpesvirus type I, and rabies. With some of these diseases, such as rabies, preventative care is the only way to protect your pet against these fatal illnesses.
If you’re in the Jonesboro area and are looking for wellness care for your pet, consider the following factors when making your decision:
- Choose a hospital that has a team of experienced veterinarians. This will ensure that your pet gets the highest quality treatment.
- Tour the facility to make sure everything is clean and up-to-date.
- Ask the veterinarian any questions you may have regarding their approach to pet care and how they can keep your pet healthy over the long-term.
- Select a hospital that offers additional services, such as dental care and surgery.
Jonesboro Animal Hospital Offers High-Quality Wellness Care Services
It’s vital that your pet receives yearly wellness care to track their health and wellness over the years. At Jonesboro Animal Hospital, we will make sure to check out every aspect of your beloved companion’s health to help identify any possible issues that have arisen through the years. Call us today to schedule an appointment for a wellness care visit.